With Thanksgiving only a day away, I’ve been pondering the many blessings I have experienced particularly in the area of writing. Here are some of them:
1) Attending my first writers’ conference in St. Davids, PA, and taking a writing workshop in light verse with Sonia Fries, a workshop I did not want to take but which opened the door to my first sale.
2) Receiving a miraculous first acceptance by The Saturday Evening Post that confirmed God’s call on my life to write and that launched my writing career. This resulted directly from Blessing #1.
3) Attending Marlene Bagnull’s monthly workshop at the Rosedale Church where I learned the basics of the writing craft and studied under a phenomenal writing mentor.
4) Winning the third place $4000 award in the AMY Writing Awards Program, a blessing that connected me to one of the most Godly men I have ever met, Mr. Jim Russell, founder of The AMY Foundation.
5) Meeting so many wonderful writers who have become lifelong friends. If I start naming them, I will surely miss some.
6) Receiving the continual support of my husband and children as I pursued my writing dream.
7) Finally having editors call me to offer assignments, something that early on seemed impossible.
And now I invite you to list your writing blessings and to share them with us.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my precious Power Writing friends!