Although we are all writers, each one of us has her own writing niche. Depending on the way God wired you, you will prefer poetry, fiction, non-fiction, travel writing, or technical writing, among other kinds of writing. At times, you will move from one type to another, or you will write across genres. Whatever the case, you will eventually discover that there is one particular type of writing that you prefer above all others.
Perhaps you have already discovered your writing niche. If not, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) What type of writing gives me the greatest joy in the doing?
2) What type of writing draws the most powerful feedback from my readers?
3) What type of writing seems to flow most easily from my pen?
4) What type of writing makes me lose all sense of time and space while I am writing?
5) What type of writing would I do for free?
Once you discover your writing niche, you will find that you will generally become more productive in it. You will also touch more lives through it.