“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines
the course of your life.” ~ Proverbs 4:23
Have you ever wondered if you have a demon? Or more than one? If so, read on.
Many people think that demons are figments of one’s imagination and nothing more. The truth is that demons exist and they are hard at work to destroy you. One of their most powerful weapons is deception, especially the deception that they do not exist.
Let me begin by saying that if you are not a Christian, you are surely being influenced by demons. Scripture tells us in 2 Corinthians 4:4 that “Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don’t understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.” So if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and if you have not made Him the Lord of your life, then you are in bondage to demons.
But what if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, can you have a demon? The answer is yes, but you cannot be possessed by a demon as an unbeliever can. Demons oppress and possess. Unbelievers can be oppressed and possessed by a demon. Believers can only be oppressed by a demon.
How can you know if you are being oppressed or possessed by a demon? Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Have you ever been involved in the occult, including horoscopes, Ouija boards, tarot cards, etc.?
2) Have you ever used drugs or alcohol to escape problems?
3) Have you ever thought about or tried to kill yourself?
4) Have you been sexually abused through molestation, incest, or rape?
5) Do you have violent outbursts of uncontrollable anger?
6) Do you cut yourself or hurt yourself in any way (e.g., through starvation, overeating, binging)?
7) Do you hear voices in your head that tell you to do wrong things?
8) Are you always broke no matter how hard you work or how much you give to God’s work?
9) Do you commit immoral or illegal acts against your better judgment?
10) Have you ever made a pact with Satan to give you something in exchange for your life or your devotion to him?
If you answered affirmatively to one or more of these questions, you may have a demon that needs to be expelled.
In my next blog post, I will talk about the way to get rid of demons. As a trained and experienced healing and deliverance minister, I have helped others be set free from demonic bondage. I will share with you what you need to do so that you, too, can be set free once and for all.
Questions: 1) Do you think you may have a demon? 2) If so, how do you know? 3) Do you believe that Jesus Christ wants to deliver you from all demons?
You may leave a comment by clicking here. To receive these blog posts in your emailbox, please click here.
If you found this post helpful, please pass it on to someone who can benefit from reading it. Thank you!
To learn more about getting free from bondage, get your copy of Dr. MaryAnn’s popular ebook, You Were Made for Greatness!
Copyright 2015 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be published or printed in any form whatsoever without the written permission of Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
Dr. Diorio is a Certified Life Coach, a Certified Biblical Counselor, and a Certified Behavioral Consultant. She is also an award-winning, widely published author of fiction for children and adults. You may reach her at email@example.com or via one of her social media venues below:
One thought on “Do You Have a Demon?”