Guard your heart above all else, for it determines
the course of your life.” ~ Proverbs 4:23
According to my Concordance, the word “money” occurs in the Bible 148 times. God has a lot to say about money and the way we manage it. Here are seven basic principles to keep in mind that will help us to be good money managers:
2) Always pay God first. The first ten percent of our gross earnings must be invested into God’s Kingdom, normally via your home church. This investment is called the tithe. Consider this as an obligatory bill. God uses the tithe as seed for our future provision.
3) Always pay yourself second. The second ten percent of our gross income must be invested into personal savings. Consider this also as an obligatory bill.
4) Put your savings into investments that give the best return. The miracle of compound interest has created many a millionaire.
5) Never spend more than you earn. Live within your means and practice delayed gratification.
6) Develop a giving attitude. God has set a law into motion called the Law of Sowing and Reaping. The more we sow, the more we will reap. Give generously to worthwhile causes, particularly those that help the poor.
7) Always use money and love people. Never love money and use people.
By applying these seven principles to your finances, you will be managing your money wisely, and you will prosper as a result.
“7 Principles of Wise Money Management” by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio (CLICK TO TWEET).
To receive these blog posts in your mailbox, please click here.
If you found this post helpful, please forward it to a friend. Thank you!
If you like to read fiction, check out some of my books below:
If you have any questions, you may contact me as follows:
Snail Mail: PO Box 1185, Merchantville, NJ 08109
Copyright 2016 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be published or printed in any form whatsoever without the written permission of Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. You may contact her at email@example.com to request permission.
Amazon.com Required Disclosure: MaryAnn Diorio is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Dr. Diorio is an award-winning, widely published author of fiction for adults and children. She is also a Certified Life Coach, a Certified Biblical Counselor, and a Certified Behavioral Consultant. You may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or via one of her social media venues below:
Blog (Matters of the Heart): http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/maryanndiorioblog
Amazon Author Central: http://www.amazon.com/author/maryanndiorio
Library Thing: http://www.librarything.com/profile/drmaryanndiorio