After Google and Facebook, YouTube is the third most popular website in the United States and the second most popular world-wide. It makes sense, therefore, to use You-Tube as a venue for promoting and marketing your books.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind to maximize your use of video as a promotional tool:
- Keep your video short, preferably under three minutes. An ideal time frame would be between 30 seconds and 90 seconds. Attention spans are short these days, so make your video short and sweet and to the point. Viewers will be more likely to watch it.
- Mention your contact information. Also mention your website or other purchase site. It’s a good idea to use a footer to display your website URL throughout the video.
- If possible, include a text version of your video script on the YouTube website.
- When creating the title and description for your video, be sure to use keywords for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Include an invitation at the end of your video for viewers to purchase your book. Be sure to provide purchase information.
Have you used YouTube to promote your books? If so, I’d love to hear of your experiences.
Copyright 2013 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. All Rights Reserved.