“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines
the course of your life.” ~ Proverbs 4:23
“Matters of the Heart” is a weekly blog that deals with the deepest issues of the human heart, the issues we all face but sometimes don’t want to talk about. The heart is the programming center of our lives. What is programmed into our heart will affect every area of our lives. Learn how to examine your heart and how to program your heart for success.
NOTICE: This is the penultimate post of Matters of the Heart. You will receive the last post on January 28th, after which Matters of the Heart will cease publication. I wish to thank all of my readers for their faithful support over the years. May our Lord continue to bless you. While this is the penultimate post, previous posts can be accessed through the archives in the right sidebar or through a search in the search box. Thank you again for. your faithful support over the years! ~ MaryAnn
So, it’s not true! Ostriches do not bury their heads in the sand. If they did, they wouldn’t be able to breathe!
But ostriches do dig holes that they then use to hatch their eggs. Several times a day, ostriches put their heads in the hole to turn the eggs in preparation for hatching. This is where the expression “bury their heads in the sand” comes from.
That said, are you an Ostrich Christian?
As I go about my daily life, I meet three kinds of Christians:
1) Those in the know:
2) Those who don’t know;
3) Those who don’t care to know.
Let’s take a quick look at each one.
1) Those in the know. These are Christians who are fully aware that we are in the end times. They have studied Bible prophecy and keep abreast of world news in relation to Bible prophecy. These Christians are actively looking for the Lord’s return and keeping busy as they wait, telling others to repent and be saved.
2) Those who don’t know. These are Christians who have no clue that we are in the end times. They are so busy with their own lives, their own personal agendas, that they don’t take time to “discern the times.” Such Christians are too busy with the mundane to care about the divine.
3) Those who don’t care to know. These are Christians who have heard about the end times but figure that when those end times come, they will come. No need to bother oneself about them now because so many false warnings have been issued in the past that every new warning may be another false warning. So, just let things happen when they may.
Which kind of Christian are you? Does it matter?
Yes, it matters a lot!
1) The Christian in the know is obeying Christ Who commands us in several passages of Scripture to discern the times. When Jesus came to earth the first time, He rebuked the Pharisees for being able to discern the coming of a storm but for failing to discern, based on Old Testament prophecies, that He was the Messiah. When they pretended that they didn’t have any signs of His coming, He called them hypocrites! The Christian in the know takes seriously Christ’s command to pay attention to Bible prophecy as it relates to current world events.
2) The Christian who doesn’t know we are in the end times needs to reorder his priorities and get with the program. He needs to put the things of God above his own agenda and focus on “the things that are unseen,” not on “the things that are seen” (2 Corinthians 4: 18).
3) The Christian who doesn’t care to know needs to ask himself why. Why doesn’t he want to know that His Lord Jesus Christ will be returning soon to take His Church out of the earth? Why isn’t that truth important to this Christian? Indeed, why isn’t Christ’s return of paramount importance in this Christian’s life? Perhaps, like the Christian who doesn’t know, the Christian who doesn’t care to know has his priorities all wrong.
So, where do you fit in? Are you pleased with where you fit in? Most of all, is God pleased with where you fit in?
If not, I think it’s time to re-evaluate. It’s time to stop being an Ostrich Christian and start being a knowledgeable one. Even more, it’s time to be a “watchman on the wall,” discerning the times and warning others to repent that they might be saved.
Now, it’s YOUR turn: Are you ready to meet Jesus when He returns? Have you been born again? Please share your questions and insights in the Comments box below. Thank you!
Photo Source: Graphics from <a href=”https://pngtree.com/freepng/an-ostrich_2586306.html “>pngtree.com</a>
Created by sznnn – pngtree.com. ©pngtree.com
Get monthly updates on my new books!
NEW RESOURCES FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH
My. daughter Gina has written two outstanding booklets for your spiritual growth:
40 Days of the Names, Titles, & Attributes of God
by Gina L. Diorio
Check out my You-Tube series, YOU WERE MADE FOR GREATNESS!, based on my popular book by the same title.
THE ITALIAN CHRONICLES: The Complete Trilogy
in a single e-book or print format.
Save almost $4.00 over the purchase price
of the three individual novels.
AVAILABLE FOR ORDER NOW!
Need a break? Read my latest short story, “Fire-Engine Love.” Only $1.99!
Tammie Burke is expecting her second child. But when her husband is suddenly taken from her, Tammie faces the fear of having to raise their two children alone. Will her faith in God help her to put her life back together?
THE ITALIAN CHRONICLES TRILOGY
If you found this post helpful, please forward it to a friend. Thank you! You may also be interested in reading the following popular posts:
“How to Destroy Mental Strongholds”
Please check our archives in the right sidebar for older posts on a variety of topics. You may also search for a particular topic in the search box at the top right.
For additional encouragement, check out my podcasts at the following links:
Please tell your family and friends about this blog and my other resources, and please pass this post on to them. Thank you!
Copyright 2019 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be published or printed in any form whatsoever without the written permission of Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.