WINNING WITH THE WORD
“Winning with the Word” is a weekly blog that will help you to be a winner in life by applying God’s principles for living the abundant life as found in the Bible, God’s manual for life.
AN INVITATION TO YOU:
If this blog and podcast have blessed you, please encourage your family and friends to subscribe as well. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Featured Book of the Week at the end of this post.
Do you prefer listening instead of reading? Then click below to listen to today’s blog post on podcast.
Hello and Happy Day! This is Dr. MaryAnn Diorio, novelist and life coach, welcoming you to another episode of Winning with the Word. Today is Monday, January 24, 2022, and this is Episode #4 of Series 2022. This episode is titled “Is Your Package Still Unwrapped?”
Recently, I heard a wonderful gentleman by the name of Wallace Johnson make the following statement: “Don’t die with your package still unwrapped!”
His statement deeply resonated with me because it closely resembled a statement I often make, and that is, “Don’t die without singing your song.”
While Mr. Johnson used the symbol of a package and I used the symbol of a song, we both meant the same thing: Don’t leave this earth without fulfilling your God-given purpose!
God created you ON purpose and FOR a purpose. But it is up to you to discover what that purpose is and, then, to fulfill it. If you don’t intentionally look for your purpose, you run the risk of never discovering it. You run the risk of dying without unwrapping your package or without singing your song.
What is the song God gave you to sing? Are you singing it? If not, why not?
There are many reasons why people don’t sing their songs. Here are a few of them:
1) Not knowing what their song is. How can you know what song you were created to sing? There is only one way I know to find out, and that is through Jesus Christ. He is the One Who created you, so He alone knows the song He created you to sing. When you establish a relationship with Jesus Christ, He will reveal to you the song He created you to sing.
2. Fear. You may know what song you were created to sing, but, for whatever reason, you’re afraid of singing it. Maybe you’re afraid of messing up. Maybe you’re afraid of what people may think. Maybe you’re afraid of being considered an imposter. Whatever the reason, fear is keeping you from singing your song. So, ask yourself this question: What do you fear more: taking the risk of singing your song while you are still on this earth, or leaving this earth without singing your song?
3. Unbelief: Maybe you doubt that you have a song to sing at all. Or maybe you don’t think you’re good enough to sing your song. One of my favorite quotes in life is, “Every master was once a disaster,” first quoted by T. Harv Eker. No expert ever starts out an expert. Every expert had to learn how to be an expert.
The Bible warns us in Zephaniah 4: 10 not to despise small beginnings. So start small. Believe that if God has called you to a certain purpose, He has equipped you to accomplish that purpose. And He will make good on His Word as long as you cooperate with Him by believing His Word.
“Don’t die with your package still unwrapped!”
4. Lack of knowledge to fulfill your purpose. Is lack of knowledge keeping you from fulfilling your life purpose? If so, don’t let it. With today’s technology, you can find the knowledge you need to accomplish God’s purpose for your life. Pray, and God will send people your way to help you fulfill the destiny He gave you to fulfill.
One of my great joys as a Certified Life Coach is helping people to find and fulfill God’s purpose for their lives. If you are interested in hiring me, you can learn more about my coaching services at CelebrationLifeCoaching.com.
5. Self-doubt. Perhaps you know your life purpose, but you doubt your ability to accomplish it. You lack the confidence you need. If this is the case, remember this: God will never give you a purpose to fulfill without giving you the ability to fulfill it.
So rest in that truth. Trust that God has given you everything you need to accomplish His purpose for your life. Then step out in faith and begin to accomplish it.
Next to losing your soul, the greatest tragedy in life is to die without singing your song, without unwrapping your package. Don’t let that happen to you. Decide now that you will not leave this earth until you have finished the work God has given you to do.
But, in order to do that work and to complete it, you need the help of Jesus Christ. If you do not yet have a personal relationship with Jesus, why not establish one now? Pray this simple prayer with me:
Lord Jesus, I don’t want to die without singing my song, without unwrapping the package You gave me. Yet, Dr. MaryAnn tells me that my song is linked to knowing You, to having a personal relationship with You. I want that, Lord. So, I invite you now into my life to be my Savior and my Lord. Show me the purpose for which You created me, and help me to fulfill that purpose before I leave this earth. Thank You, Lord. In Your Name I pray. Amen.
If you sincerely prayed this prayer, please write down today’s date. It is your spiritual birthday. And please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would like to send you a free PDF booklet, titled After You’re Born Again, that will help you get started in your walk with Christ.
I also encourage you to get yourself a Bible and read it every single day. The Bible is God’s love letter to you, His manual for your life. In the Bible, God reveals Who He is, and He teaches you how to live.
Finally, ask the Lord to lead you to the church of His choice for you where you can learn about Him and have fellowship and encouragement with other Christ-Followers. It is critically important in these last days to fellowship with other believers who are mature in Christ and who can guide you as you grow in Him.
In my latest novel, Miracle in Milan, my hero, Ted McMasters, struggles to discover his God-given purpose. Check out this powerful story to help you discover your own purpose for your life.
You can purchase a copy for yourself or as a gift for someone else by visiting my website at maryanndiorio.com/book-table. Here is the direct link:
If this podcast has helped you in any way, please consider supporting it by becoming one of my valued patrons. Just go to patreon.com/winningwiththeword to join my wonderful Team. Patrons receive numerous benefits in appreciation for their support.
Until next time, remember that God loves you just as you are and just where you are, and that He will help you to keep on Winning with the Word!
To subscribe to Winning with the Word, click on the link in this blog post.
To subscribe to my author newsletter, click on the link below:
To follow me on social media platforms, click on the link below:
Copyright 2000-2022 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be published or printed in any form whatsoever without the written permission of Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. You may contact her at email@example.com to request permission.